I moved to Allston this year. (Brighton, technically.) I’m from the suburbs of Boston, so there was something magical and scary all at the same time about living in the city. My apartment is a dump with terrible management and a window that leaks all over the place when it rains, but with some wall hangings and lots of plants it’s become my home. I quickly discovered Allston Diner (shoutout for having vegan pancakes), Dumpling Kingdom at midnight, and shows at O’Brien’s Pub. I’ve met musicians and artists and people that I love dearly. I look forward to walking over the David Ortiz Bridge at night to see the city skyline, and to the T ride that feels way too long from the Fenway area back to my apartment.
I know Boston is shitty, but it’s also lovely. It’s home.
1. Lilith – Vacation
2. Pushflowers – bed song
3. Honeycutt – Suburban Dream
4. Ruby Luna and the Fox – 23
5. Lady Pills – Bowl of Stars
6. Raavi & the Houseplants – Don’t Hit Me Up
7. Bowling Shoes – Thunderbird
8. Dump Him – Dykes to Watch out For
9. Grace Givertz – Fever Dream
10. Cliff Notez – Massochists
Never written for us before? Waiting for your chance? Submit a year-end piece to our site! Details here. All submissions to [email protected]